Photo to follow
Name | Cardigan Arms |
Address | Opposite Woodkirk Church, Dewsbury Road |
Built | ? |
Closed | Yes |
Demolished | Yes |
Notes | F: Baines 1830. D.Atkinson: Named on the 1854 6” OS map. Directory refs 1822. Licensees 1853 Joseph Barras, 1905 Walter Scott. Brewery owner 1970 Tetley’s. When the Cardigan family took up residence at Howley Hall the inn took the name in respect of the Lords of the Manor. The Cardigan Arms was located on Dewsbury Road opposite St Mary's Church, Sunday School and Vicarage. Demolished in 1972 as part of the road widening scheme at Woodkirk |
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment